Wednesday, October 31, 2012

This is How I Cook & a DIY ~ Severed Fingers

I've seen these fingies all over Pinterest and in magazines.
I also saw them years ago because my friend Chi-cheena's mom used to make them all the time.
 
 
I used to bake cookies, or cupcakes or pops and take them to my friends houses on holidays.
Valentine's day, Christmas, St. Patty's.
I sorta lost my mojo last year when life went to crap...but today I am doing it again!!!
I think my friends will be excited to see the return of my holiday baking! :)
 
I have always wanted to try and make the fingers myself, and I'm not gonna lie...they TASTE great. Hahahaha...
Maybe they don't look that great.
My blood is not bloody looking!
 
But, oh well...a cookie is a cookie in my books and they taste delish!
 
Here's how I did it.
 
I got the recipe  from the Rachel Ray Website here.
 
 

Ingredients

  • 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature

  • 1 cup confectioners sugar

  • 1 egg

  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

  • 2 3/4 cups flour

  • 1 teaspoon baking powder

  • 1 teaspoon salt

  • 1/2 cup sliced almonds

  • Raspberry jam

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, beat the butter until creamy. Mix in the sugar, egg and vanilla, then mix in the flour, baking powder and salt. Cover the dough with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.

  1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees . Using your hands and working quickly, roll a heaping tablespoon of dough into a finger shape. Place the fingers about 3 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Stick a sliced almond on 1 end of each for the fingernails. Use a table knife to make three crosswise knuckle marks in the middle of each cookie. Bake until lightly golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool.
 
3.  Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, cook the jam over low heat until it reaches a saucy consistency. Once liquefied, remove from the heat and pour into a small bowl; dip the severed end of each cookie into the sauce.
 
I packaged mine in these cute boxes I picked up at the Dollar Store.
I just laid some paper towel in the bottom and placed them in.
 
I also made some spooky ghost tags.
 
 
All I did was draw them out and cut the ghosts from white paper.
 
 
I drew eyes and a mouth on them,  and hole punched the top.
 
 
I wrote my message on the backs and signed them from Chuck Norris (my pup) like I always used to.
 
 
I will be off to deliver these the friendly units soon!
 
 
Happy Halloween everyone!
 
Cheers,
Messy

No comments: