Wednesday, July 20, 2011

We need to talk.

Ok,
I'm scared.




I always wanted tattoos but I have a huge problem with pain/blood/needles.....doctors/hospitals/sickness...

My Paddy has always gotten tattoos every country he has gone to, he has many and loves every one of them (as do I).
He has never understood why I don't have a tattoo.
I'm artsy - I love the look of them, I faun over other peoples and I have watched many of my friends get them.
At first I used the excuse that I couldn't think of anything I would want for the REST OF MY LIFE. But lets face it, you can always get it covered if it is THAT terrible, and once you have it, you love it.

Finally, after years of thinking about it I did it.
March 2010, in Mexico...I got my first tattoo. :) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was so proud...it hurt alot, but I still love it!!!!


That was it! 'I have a tattoo' I thought. Been there done that. Went through the pain, didn't love it, didn't want to do it again. Done and done.

Then Europe happened.
My Paddy started with an amazing piece to fill in his left forearm when we were in Barcelona (see THIS post).
I sat there for 4 hours gutted that I wasn't getting one too!
It was so cool!

In Italy when he said he was going for another one, this time, I wasn't going to miss my chance.


I got "New Beginnings" in Italian on my stomach.
My Paddy told me I was stupid. With my combination of fear and low pain tolerance, he knew ending on my ribs was a poor decision on my part.
I did it anyways.
I wanted to die.
(How do you all do FULL rib tattoos????)


After 2 hours of pain like I have never felt before,we got outside the shop and I ripped My Paddy's head off. For a) not telling me how much it would hurt and making sure I completely understood the height of pain and b) not stopping me. LOL
I love this tattoo so much it's unbelievable. Maybe because it was the worst 2 hours of my life.

So, that was it. OK, now I've REALLY been there done that. I felt that pain...I was never doing it again. Done and done.

Three days later (yes...only 3 days)

My Paddy and I are now in Greece.
This means new tattoo for my boy.
Ok, FINE. I'll get one too...(twist my rubber arm)


I decided to go small this time since the last one was so painful!

I got the word LIFE on the back of my calf in Ancient Greek printing. Very simple, easy, to the point. Problem is, this one was painless. Well, I'm sure it wasn't, but it was a breeze compared to the ribs. LOL


Ok, three is enough. No more.

This weekend is My Paddy's birthday. All he asked for is a tattoo.
I booked the appointment and when I was there the guy asked me what I was gonna get. (I tried to say nothing, but he just asked me again with a sly grin)
I told him I have been thinking alot about getting two cherry blossoms one on each elbow for some time.
I am so chicken though. All of my tattoos are in secret places. They can be easily covered, and I can't see any of them directly. LOL Just in case I get sick of them.
These blossoms would be on the front of my elbows. All the time.
I'm scared.
I told him I would think about it and probably skip it.

As I gave him my down payment for My Paddy's tattoo and went to leave he yelled, 
"$100 - PERFECT - you just paid for your tattoo in full - see ya Saturday!!!

WISH ME LUCK!!!!!!!!

Any wise words? I'm scared that I will always want to cover them but wont be able to?I'm scared they won't go with my outfits?  I'm scared I will get sick of them? I'm scared I will look stupid cause everyone says I'm so conservative? I'M SCARED!!!!!

HELP!!!!

Cheers,
S.

3 comments:

Kat Tanita (With Love From Kat) said...

thanks for your comment!! im your newest follower, hope youll follow me back :)

xo
kat

www.withlovefromkat.com

Citlalli said...

Oh my!! I have always loved tatoos!! Never gotten one though, so I guess my advice won't be of much help. All I can say is: don't be scared, look at how the others turned out and how much you love them!!!
Good luck hun! Let us know how it turns out!

Molly D said...

I would love to tell ya it's not gonna hurt... But elbows are ouch! Just think how hardcore you'll look after :)