Wednesday, November 2, 2011

This Is How I Cook: Cheddar Cauliflower Soup

I have never made soup  before.
Ok thats a lie.
I'll start again.

I have never made a creamy soup before.
There that's better.

My lovely neighbor brought me over a bowl of cauliflower soup a few weeks back and I really enjoyed it. We have this huge cauliflower that is starting to go slightly bad that we needed to get rid of and I thought...well...why not try and make soup? I looked for a recipe, then decided to just go for it on my own. I mean...how hard can it be anyways?!?

Here is what you need:


4 cups water
1 block xoxo Chicken stock
salt
pepper
tabasco
2 tbsp butter
1 small red onion finely chopped
3 garlic cloves smashed
1 bay leaf
4 cups cauliflower florets
2 cups milk
1/2 cup medium cheddar
In a large glass bowl or pyrex measuring cup, put XOXO block in water and stir. Put in microwave and cook on high until simmering. Meanwile, melt butter in medium pot on stove. Once melted add the onions and garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Add stock, milk, salt, pepper, cauliflower and bay leaf in the pot and let boil until the culiflower is thouroughly cooked.
Remove from heat.
In portions, put the mixture into your blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Put all of it back into your pot on low.

Add in your cheese and salt and pepper to tatse. (Add hot sause if desired)

That's it. Super easy and oh so yummy. I served mine with honey ham and fresh french bread. :) But I just ate another bowl for lunch! :) heehee


Cheers,
Messy

2 comments:

Bel said...

It looks DELICIOUS. I have to try this one day! Thanks for sharing.

Belly B :)

Melissa, The 25th Hour said...

This looks really good!
Can't wait to try the recipe :)
Ps. A new follower from soleil solene!