Tuesday, May 7, 2013

DIY ~ Handy Tea Towel


One of my biggest pet peeves in life is my constant battle between the convenience of having my tea towel on the oven handle, and the constant battle of it falling on the floor. *sigh*.
Yeah...I got big world problems! LOL jk!
 
But I came up with this handy solution and it took me a mere....ummm...5 minutes I would say!
 
 
WHAT YOU NEED:
tea towel
matching thread
needle
3 snaps per towel
3 buttons per towel
scissors
 

 
First sew one side of your snaps about 1/3 of the way down from one edge of your towel.
This is the short end of your towel so it will hang down long ways.
Make sure its on the right/front of the towel.
I measured and spaced mine evenly apart.
 

Now at the top edge sew the other side of the snap.
When you bring your needle to the opposite sew a button on for a cute decoration.
I have loads of vintage buttons so chose some cute silver anchor one's! :)
 
That's it.
Now snap it onto your oven handle bar!
 
 
I am so happy with how they turned out!
I love mine...never falls on the floor!
Score!
 
Cheers,
Messy

No comments: