Monday, February 4, 2013

DIY ~ Lime Green Purse

I have had this piece of lime green canvas fabric forever.
In light of trying to use up all my fabric, I decided it was time for a project!
 
This is how I made this awesome purse!
 
First cut two of the same size strips that are 12 inches wide and 20 inches long.
 
 
Cut four circle shapes with flat bottoms.
They need to be about 6 inches wide, and 6 inches tall.
 

Also cut two straps 2.5 inches wide by approx. 8 inches long.
You should have all these pieces, two of each.

 
Sew everything right sides together and trim corners.
On your end circles, leave your hole (to reverse them) on the top so you can later insert your strap.
Right side all pieces and iron seams flat.
 

Hand sew your long rectangle piece all the way around one of the end circles leaving a flap that will be the opening at the top.
Repeat on the other side.
 

 
Sew your strap pieces in on the tops of your circles.
Add your decorative buttons and you're set!
 

If you would like to purchase this purse, it's on sale in my shop!
 
Cheers,
Messy

1 comment:

Megan Colwell said...

Wow this is a great DIY - I'm going to share it to my Pinterest board. Love it. I wish I could learn to sew on a sewing machine. I will, someday!

nauticalowl.blogspot.com
Check out my first ever give away, too!