Friday, March 9, 2012

30 Days of Truths {Day 9}

Day 9: SOMEONE YOU DIDN'T WANT TO LET GO, BUT YOU JUST DRIFTED.

I would have to say this is two people. I talk to one more over facebook, but the other I haven't heard or seen in years.

I grew up in an awesome neighborhood and had tonnes of friends I played with all summer outside. I will never forget the day the new girl moved into the cal-de-sac and I was soooooooo excited!!! I walked straight up to her and asked "Do you wanna be my friend?" she said yes and the rest is history. (Don't you wish it was that easy as an adult to find friends?) We were besties until high school when we got boyfriends and fought over a boy. *sigh* so dumb. LOL We talk every once and a while through facebook and she has grown up to be a beautiful woman who is happy and healthy. I'm very happy for her.

The other is my friend my Grandma would call "Joined at the Hip". We literally were joined at the hip all through high school. She lived a couple houses down and we would spend our summers working at the souvenir warehouse and walking to the grocery store for chips. She started dating this boy in high school that had a different group of friends and pulled a typical teenager and fell off the face of the earth. LOL They have been together for years and are now very happily married. What a great couple!!!

I miss both the ladies and think about them all the time. I wish I had Joined at the Hip on Facebook so we could catch up once in a while. No such luck.

Cheers,
Messy

No comments: