Friday, October 14, 2011

Are you a Nut Cracker???

I have something very exciting to talk about today!!!!
I am over the moon proud of my little dance kidlets. Five of our kids went to the auditions for the Ottawa production of the Nutcracker, and all five of them got in!!!! I'm so impressed and happy for them all!!

This week a reporter from the EMCNewspaper (our local newspaper) came and had an interview with each of the students. She took a nicely posed picture and everything! I can't wait to read the article next week and see what she says. I got to say a little about how proud I am of my students and how far we have come. It was awesome. :)

I was in the Nutcracker as a kid, most memorably as the tiniest mouse. LOL The only thing I remember is the mouse heads smelling really bad inside. LOL They were huge heads. Hahahaha...

Now these kids are coming back to me saying they are frogs, squirells, chipmuncks and beavers. Huh?!? Since when has the Nutcracker evolved so much??? Has anyone seen this version???

I can't wait to go and see this show...not only to see my students...but to figure out this new storyline following woodland creatures...hahahaha...

If you would like to go click here for the centerpoint website and ticket info.


Cheers,
Messy

No comments: