Wednesday, June 5, 2013

DIY ~ Jean Cut Offs

I don't know about you, but the older I get the shorter the shorts in the stores seem to be!
I can't wear those!
I mean, especially to work!
Geez!
 

So I went to Goodwill to see if I could find some cheap jeans to make cut offs :)
 
WHAT YOU NEED:
jeans
scissors
washer and dryer
iron
sewing machine
matching thread
 
First put you jeans on inside out.
Put a pin where the top of your knee cap is on both legs.
 
 
Take the jeans off and lay flat out.
Measure 2 inches from your pin (towards the ankle) and replace the pin in that spot.
 
Using sharp scissors cut straight across at the pin point on both legs.
 
Right side in your jeans and throw them in the washer and then the dryer.
 
 
Once frayed a little, sew a wide stitch around the bottom about an inch from the start of the frays.
This will prevent them from fraying past this point.
Fold on your stitch line and iron the fold up.
 
Try them on!
 
 
You look great ;)
PS: Aren't these shoes I painted for myself adorbs?!?
 
Cheers,
Messy


No comments: