Monday, May 27, 2013

PL Peek ~ May Long Weekend Camping!

I went camping on the May long weekend!
I rarely get 2 days off in a row - let alone 3!
 
 
We camped at Charleston Lake Provincial Park and it was awesome.
The sites were a great size, very private and quiet.
It's about 45 minutes from home which is a good thing since forgot our two bags of dry food!
Sheesh!
 
Go out to the campground early evening on Saturday and got the tent up and fire going :)
The weather was a little over cast and rainy, but it was warm and still very relaxing!
 
 
Whenever I go camping people seem to think I'm really weird for the lack of stuff I bring.
All I need is a tent, a tarp, a sleeping bag, foamy, bug spray, a swiss army knife, frying pan, pot, matches, candles, food and water.
I pretty much cook all my food on the fire, sit and widdle wood :)
 
 
I love to just watch the fire and relax.
I'm not sure if Chuck Norris loved sleeping in the tent, but he'll just have to get used to it!
 
 
It was a fab weekend overall - I really needed a break.
 
Cheers,
Messy

1 comment:

Journeys of The Zoo said...

Glad to hear that you got some time to yourself. We live close to that park and although Algonquin Park is our get away of choice, my husband loves that part of the province. Glad to hear that the weather didn't get you down. We were overrun with mosquitos but apparently they've gone away... for now.

Thank you so much for linking up to my weekly BlogLovin Hop (http://www.journeysofthezoo.com/search/label/BlogLovin%20Hop). I'm a new follower of yours.

Looking forward to connecting further.

Besos, Sarah
Blogger at Journeys of The Zoo
BlogLovin: http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4064788/journeys-of-the-zoo