Tuesday, January 29, 2013

DIY ~ Pot Holder/Hot Pad

As you all know I am trying to finish up my scraps of fabric and use all the crap (I mean quality crafting supplies) I have.
i have had this piece of leopard print fabric in my bin for years because I love it, but it was too small for anything.
Well...I made me a pot holder. :)
Some peeps call these hot pads...but I say pot holder.

First cut two perfect squares out of your fabric that are at lease 5 inches by 5 inches.
They can be bigger, or slightly smaller, you just need a pot bottom to fit on it.
 
Now cut out a same size piece of fleece fabric.
 
Place your two patterned leopard fabric squares together with their right sides facing each other.
Now place the fleece on top of them.
 
 
Take a small piece of fabric (about 3 inches by 1 inch wide) and fold and iron it with the right sides facing each other.
 
 
Sew up the raw edge leaving both ends open so you can reverse it.
Once your tube is reversed and ironed, fold it in half and place it on and angle on the inside of your squares on a corner.
 
 
Make sure your loop is pointed toward the center of the square with the open ends sticking out by your non sewn corner.
 
 
Sew around all four edges of your square leaving a small gap so you can reverse your square.
 
 
Once sewn, reverse and iron.
 
Now top stitch all around the edge for a clean, quilted look.
 
 
Your finished!
This one is for sale in my shop here!
 
 
Cheers,
Messy
 


1 comment:

Megan Colwell said...

What a neat DIY! I wish I could sew like you. Thanks for being a new follower!

nauticalowl.blogspot.com