Wednesday, June 18, 2014

This is How I Cook ~ No Egg Cookies

Today I was a little bored and wanted to use up some of my baking goodies.
So I thought "Why not make cookies?"
The only issue was, I used all the eggs for a fantubular breakfast feast! Whoops!

I googled it and found this lovely and super duper easy recipe HERE.
It had some awesome reviews and they were completely right.
This recipe is a winner!!!


WHAT YOU NEED:
  • 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
  • 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1/4 cup white sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 cup boiling water
  • 2 cups quick-cooking oats
  • 1/2 cup raisins (optional)
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

 

DIRECTIONS: 

Step 1: Beat butter or margarine, sugars and vanilla until light and fluffy.


Step 2: Add flour and salt, mix well.

Step 3: Dissolve baking soda in boiling water and add to mixture. Stir in rolled oats, raisins and chocolate chips.


Step 4: Drop by teaspoonful onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 10-12 minutes.



Step 5: Don't over cook. Makes 3 dozen.


(There are no eggs in this recipe, I didn't forget to type it down).
Enjoy!

Cheers,
Messy

***this is a repost from  April 2012***

3 comments:

Anisa Young said...

SOOOO TEMPTED! That shall be my splurge for the week ;) xx Can't wait for your giveaway <3

Unknown said...

Ohhhh yes, loving your blog already. Anyone who posts about food automatically has my heart. :) Also, I like your blog name, because I AM messy! Totally. Not even sure if that's what you're referring to with your blog title, but still. Just thought I'd throw that out there so we have complete honesty in our friendship. ;) haha!

Thanks for commenting on my blog! It always makes my day to "meet" someone new on here. :)

Messy said...

My title comes from my childhood nickname which was Messy :) Thanks for stopping by! :)
Cheers,
Messy